Role of Doulas in Addressing Health Disparities
This project investigates the role of doulas in addressing maternal and infant health disparities.
Maternal/Child and Community Health
At the EIGH, our researchers explore multifaceted health issues pertaining to women, pregnancy, breastfeeding, reproduction, and infant and child well-being. Our focus to decrease maternal and infant mortality rates supports a global priority among health practitioners and researchers. Additionally, community-based research on the local and global levels promotes a team effort to protect and improve the health of population groups worldwide.
Other Research in United States
- Lead poisoning prevention initiative
- Sand fly genome project
- Insecticide discovery
- Deciphering the mosquito's visual capabilities
- The cell biology and pathogenesis of cryptococcal disease
- Community-based participatory research with AIDS Ministries/AIDS Assist
- Transmission dynamics of malaria
- Bacterial Pathogenicity in Catheter-Associated Infections
- Developing Genomic Tools for Combating Chagas Disease
- Effect of COVID-19 on exercise routines