How to Apply
- Early Action Deadline: December 3, 2018. Notified by January 31, 2019.
- Regular Decision Deadline: February 15, 2019. Notified by April 1, 2019.
For optimal consideration, students applying to the program should have the following:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- At least two upper-level science courses
- Statistics (not required but highly recommended)
- 3.0 GPA or above
Application Format and Submission
Applications for the Master of Science in Global Health are submitted electronically through The Graduate School.
Your online application should include:
- Curriculum vitae or résumé
- Statement of intent
- Three letters of recommendation
- Application fee by credit card, check, or money order
- Unofficial or official transcript (official transcript will be required prior to classes beginning)
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test (or MCAT) scores from a test taken within the previous five years. Test scores should be ordered and sent by the testing service to the University of Notre Dame, institution code 1841. To expedite the review process, you may also upload preliminary (unofficial) scores, if available.
The statement of intent should capture a student’s intellectual development and interests. It should generally be one to three double-spaced pages in length. This is your opportunity to communicate in writing a strong argument about why you would be an excellent student in the Master of Science in Global Health program.
Questions to address:
- Explain your interest in the field of global health. Share relevant extracurricular and/or work activities over the past four years, especially as it relates to working with underserved populations.
- Articulate why you have selected the University of Notre Dame’s Master of Science in Global Health program. How do the goals of this specific program align with your future goals?
- Identify the strengths that you would bring to the program (credentials, experience, etc.)
- Explain any unusual situations that the review committee should be aware of, but please refrain from providing excuses.
Be sure to include your name and prospective program on each page of the statement, even though you submit the document electronically.
Applicants are required to submit three letters of recommendation. Please include the following:
- Academic reference from your undergraduate educational institution (or a postgraduate degree, if applicable)
- Extracurricular or work reference speaking to your strengths outside of academics
- Third letter from a reference of your choice
For Notre Dame Students:
Notre Dame students may apply to the program with the following benefits:
1. Student does not need to take the GRE exam
2. Graduate School application fee is waived
Need more information?
If you have questions about the required materials or preparing your application, please consult the Admissions FAQ. For additional questions about the Master of Science in Global Health program, please contact email@example.com.