How to Apply
For optimal consideration, students applying to the program should have the following:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- At least two upper-level science courses
- At least one statistics course (highly recommended but not required)
- 3.0 GPA or above
- Please note: GRE scores are not required for applications
Application Format and Submission
Applications for the Master of Science in Global Health are submitted electronically through The Graduate School. Applications will open on August 30, 2021. The Early Action Dealine is December 3, 2021 and the Regular Action Deadline is February 18, 2022.
Your online application should include:
- Curriculum vitae or résumé
- Statement of intent
- Three letters of recommendation
- Unofficial or official transcript (official transcript will be required prior to classes beginning)
Contact Kim Bogold, Global Health Training Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application fee waiver code.
Statement of Intent
The statement of intent should capture a student’s intellectual development and interests. It should generally be two to three double-spaced pages in length. This is your opportunity to communicate in writing a strong argument about why you would be an excellent student in the Master of Science in Global Health program.
Please ensure you address the following:
- Explain your interest in the field of global health. Share relevant extracurricular and/or work activities over the past four years, especially as applicable to working with underserved populations.
- Articulate why you have selected the University of Notre Dame’s Master of Science in Global Health program. How do the goals of this specific program align with your future goals?
- Identify the strengths that you would bring to the program (credentials, experience, skills, etc.)
- Explain any unusual situations that the review committee should be aware of, but please refrain from providing excuses.
Be sure to include your name and prospective program on each page of the statement, even though you submit the document electronically.
Letters of Recommendation
Applicants are required to submit three letters of recommendation. Please include the following:
- Academic reference from your undergraduate educational institution (or a postgraduate degree, if applicable)
- Extracurricular or work reference speaking to your strengths outside of academics
- A letter from a reference of your choice
Need more information?
If you have questions about the required materials or preparing your application, please consult the Graduate School's Admissions FAQ. For additional questions about the Master of Science in Global Health program, please contact Kim Bogold, Global Health Training Coordinator, at email@example.com.