EARLY ACTION DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 1, 2015
Submit your application for first consideration of limited placements and scholarships - Notified by January 31, 2016
REGULAR ACTION DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 15, 2016
Notified by April 1, 2016
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED - APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED AS SPACE PERMITS
For optimal consideration, students applying to the program should have the following:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Upper-level science courses (at least two)
- Statistics (not required but highly recommended)
- 3.0 GPA or above
Required application materials must be attached to your online application. Test scores should be ordered and sent by the testing service to the University of Notre Dame, institution code 1841.
Complete and electronically submit the online application form:
- Submit a curriculum vitae or résumé through the online application.
- Submit a statement of intent (instructions below).
- Submit three letters of recommendation (instructions below).
- Submit the application fee by credit card, check, or money order using the payment system associated with the online application.
- Submit an unofficial transcript (ultimately, an official transcript will be required).
- Arrange for the submission of official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test (or MCAT) scores. The scores reported must result from a test taken within the last five years. To expedite the review process, you may also upload preliminary (unofficial) scores, if available.
- If you have questions about the required materials or preparing your application, consult the Admissions FAQ (link to page).
Statement of Intent:
A Statement of Intent is required of all students applying to the graduate school at Notre Dame. Applicants applying to the Masters of Science in Global Health Program should follow the detailed instructions below.
The statement of intent should capture a student’s intellectual development and interests. It should generally be 1–3 double-spaced pages in length. This is the student’s opportunity to communicate in writing a strong argument about why he/she would be an excellent student in the program.
Questions for students to address (adapted from the Graduate School website):
- Explain your interest in the field of global health. Share relevant extracurricular and/or work activities over the past 4 years, especially as it relates to working with underserved populations.
- Articulate why you have selected Notre Dame’s MS in Global Health. How do the goals of our program align with your future goals?
- Identify the strengths that you would bring to the program (e.g., credentials, experience, etc.).
- Explain any unusual situations but refrain from providing excuses.
Be sure to include your name and prospective program on each page of the statement—even though you submit the document electronically.
Letters of Recommendation:
You are required to submit three letters of recommendation. Please include the following:
- One letter from an academic reference. This should be a reference from your undergraduate education (or a post graduate degree if applicable).
- One letter from an extracurricular or work reference. This letter should speak to your strengths outside of academics.
- The third letter from a reference of your choice.