Undergraduate Research Program
The Undergraduate Research Program is designed to further EIGH objectives by training undergraduates for global health research, supporting faculty in their research endeavors, and increasing undergraduate participation within the Institute.
Together, undergraduate students and EIGH faculty members can apply for research funding from the Institute.
- Undergraduate research students working with full-time regular faculty. Eligible faculty includes T&R, research faculty and Special Professional Faculty who are eligible to submit research grants at the University of Notre Dame.
- Faculty must be an active member of the Eck Institute for Global Health. An active member is defined as a member that consistently affiliates themselves with the Institute on their grant proposals.
Investigators may receive $300 for the 2021 Spring semester. Only one student per investigator will be funded. Funds can be used to purchase materials and supplies the undergraduate student will use during the course of the research.
February 8, 2021
Application Format and Submission
Students should submit the final application electronically to Dr. Morales-Soto at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, February 8th, 2021. The submission should include the supervising faculty member and the subject line: “PI Name – Undergraduate Research Support Program”.
Proposals must include:
- Name and academic year of undergraduate student
- One paragraph explaining the research to which the undergraduate student will be contributing
- One paragraph detailing the contribution of this research to the field of global health
- Recognize funding from the EIGH on presentations and/or publications associated with the funded research
- Notify the EIGH if any presentations and/or publications result from the undergraduate student’s work
Need more information?
For questions on the Undergraduate Research Program, including examples of past projects, please contact the EIGH Program Director.